What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our services, functions or activities, and only when it is necessary for, or directly related to these purposes. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide some or all of our services to you and you may not be able to access the website.
When you make a donation, support or volunteer, participate in a Foundation event, apply for a scholarship or otherwise contact or interact with us, we may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- contact information (including your phone number, address and email address);
- date of birth;
- payment and billing details (including credit card information if relevant),
- records of communication;
- donation history; or
- photographs and videos of you related to events with or your involvement with the Foundation.
We may also collect sensitive information such your racial and ethnic origin. We will only collect this information when it is necessary for, or directly related to our services, functions or activities, and you have provided us with your consent.
We may also collect your personal information, including name and contact details, information about your working history and relevant records checks (including criminal and working with children checks) when you apply for a position with us in order for us to assess your suitability for that or other positions. With your consent, this information may include information or an opinion about your criminal record or other sensitive information.
Generally, we collect information directly from the relevant individual. Sometimes, we may need to collect information about you from third parties including parents, carers, guardians or other third party information sources. We will do this if you have consented for us to collect, use or disclose the information in this way, or where it is not reasonable or practical for us to collect this information directly from you.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
The Foundation may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to contact and communicate with you (including distributing newsletters);
- to process your donation/s and complete tax receipt/s;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the website, our services, business and users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to assess scholarship applicants and recipients and facilitate ongoing scholarship support of scholarships;
- to administer events, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to carry out our general business operations and activities; and
- to consider your volunteer or employment application.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose personal information we collect to:
- our employees, volunteers and related bodies corporate;
- third party contractors, service providers and business partners (including providers who assist the Foundation to operate is business and activities and provide services to you);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners, including other charitable organisations with whom we partner or otherwise co-operate with;
- our donors and supporters;
- other charitable organisations with whom we partner or otherwise co-operate with;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us, including professional advisers, dealers, agents and payment systems operators (including merchants receiving card payments); and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
If you are a scholarship applicant or recipient, we may disclose your personal information through our publications and/or website for the purposes of sharing your stories with our staff, donors and the community generally to raise awareness of the Foundation and for fundraising.
Using the website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access this website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of this website, such as which parts of the website you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on the website that help us track your use of this website and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but the website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
Any personal information published on the Foundation’s website (for example, information regarding scholarship recipients and their stories) may include disclosure to recipients who access our website in countries outside Australia. We may also disclose information to third party service providers who are based overseas.
We regard the security of your personal information as a priority and implement a number of reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including physical and electronic measures to protect it. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
Making a complaint
We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Telephone: 02 9339 9172
Post: PO Box 173, Paddington NSW 2021